Upland Guide School | Waterfowl Guide School | Big Game Guide
Welcome to Northern Plains Guide School. We are the first Guide School in the industry to provide comprehensive Guide Training for Upland, Waterfowl, Whitetail Deer, Mule Deer, and Antelope. As you may know there are many Guide Schools in the U.S. but the majority of them concentrate solely on Western Big Game. They teach horsemanship, packing, camp setup, wilderness skills, etc. This is great but many people looking to get into the Hunting Guide industry may not have interest in that type of Guiding. This is where we have separated ourselves from the others by gearing our School curriculum toward Upland Bird Hunt Training keying on Pheasants, Grouse, Partridge, Quail, etc. Along with this course we also offer training in Waterfowl which includes Ducks, Canadian Geese, Snow Geese, etc. The Upland and Waterfowl course takes place at the same time as the Upland course. To round things out, we also provide Training for aspiring Whitetail, Mule Deer, and Antelope Guides in every aspect you can imagine. The more you diversify in this profession, the better chance you have of landing the Guiding Job you are looking for and in turn making the money you need to be successful. To find out more information please browse our Guide School Page and let us know if you have any questions. We hope to hear from you soon!
The Northern Plains Guide School is located in the heart of the Midwest in a small town called Athol, South Dakota. We are not only in the Guide School business but have been in the Guiding and Outfitting business for 21 years! Northern Plains Outfitters, Inc. provides trips for Pheasant Hunting along with Grouse, Quail and Partridge Hunts. We also offer Waterfowl Hunts in the Fall and Spring. Not only are we into birds but we also provide Trophy Whitetail, Mule Deer and Antelope Hunts in Eastern and Western South Dakota.
Our school was established because of the great demand for guides in all of the facets of training we provide. Upon completion of the course/courses of your choice, we will make every effort to get you a job in the industry. We have relationships with many Guides and Outfitters and job placement is highly possible because of the training you will receive from us. We will work hard not only to train you to be a guide but to also get you into the industry.
The curriculum is extensive for each course we offer. You will receive training in every aspect of the type of course you choose. For more information on the Curriculum please email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to forward the information to you
2018 Hunting Guide School
Courses for 2018 along with Dates are below. Each course will last 6 Full Days. We keep our class sizes small to make sure we provide individual attention to each student. Upon completion of the course/courses, you will leave here with extensive knowledge of the profession and everything that is required to be successful in a Guiding and Outfitting business.
2018 Guide School Dates
- Option 1: Upland & Waterfowl Guide Training Course
Arrive July 8th, Classes are July 9th - July 14th, Depart July 15th
- Option 2: Whitetail, Mule Deer, & Antelope Guide Training
Arrive July 15th, Classes are July 16th – July 21st, Depart on July 22nd
- Option3: Upland & Waterfowl Guide Training
Arrive August 5th, Classes are August 6th – August 11th, Depart on August 12th
- Option 4: Whitetail, Mule Deer, & Antelope Guide Training
Arrive August 12th, Classes are August 13th – August 18th, Depart on August 19th
- All Lodging, Food, Supplies, etc. is included in the pricing.
- If the student would like to add the additional course, we will discount the additional course by $400. For example, if the student books the July 8th Upland & Waterfowl Guide Training Course and would like to stay the following week, July 15th – July 22nd, and add the Whitetail, Mule Deer, & Antelope Guide Training Course, the cost for both weeks would be $2,900. A deposit of $400 is required at the time of booking to hold your spot for the week. If you decide to do both courses, a deposit of $800 is required. The remaining balance is due 30 Days prior to arrival. Deposits are non-refundable.
We accept Checks, Credit Cards, and Paypal.